The Office of Academic Internships (OAI) aims to secure quality internship opportunities for students at the U of M. The OAI works closely with community partners to develop and enhance new and existing internship opportunities. In addition, the OAI supports the internship coordinators in each academic department on campus. The office also works closely with students to assist with preparing for, finding, and succeeding in internships.
-Must be admitted to a graduate or doctoral program at the University of Memphis.
-Must commit to both fall 2013 and spring 2014. Upon favorable performance reviews the position may be extended to a 2nd year.
-Must be available for work 2 weeks prior to the start of school in the fall, and 1 week after graduation in the spring.
-Must be comfortable with public speaking and one on one student career counseling.
-Possess strong communication and marketing skills.
-Maintenance of a 3.0 GPA required.
-Develop, market, and oversee a job shadowing program.
-Meet one on one with undergraduate students to assist with resume creation and work force readiness skills.
-Represent the Office of Academic Internships at events including but not limited to: Career Fairs, Information Tables in the UC, and the Lipscomb and Pitts Breakfast Club.
-Assist with the planning and preparation of the Green Internship Program Recognition Event by creating the event program, event PowerPoint, creating the save the date and invitation, etc.
-Assist with the planning and implementation of Internship Week by presenting to classes on topics such as preparing for an internship, how to succeed in an internship, how to find an internship, etc.
-Speak to ACAD classes to teach freshman the importance of internships and how to connect with the Office of Academic Internships.
-Perform internship site visits for the Green Internship Program.
-Assist with the OAI social media strategy implementation.
-Post new internship opportunities in eRecruiting.
-Assist with developing the weekly Internship Update.
-Assist with other duties as assigned.
$1000 per month (8 month duration) + full tuition
How to Apply
To apply, students should send a cover letter and resume to: Jodie Cherry, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- African American Cultural Heritage Cemeteries
- Support Community Development Organizations in Memphis on GIVING TUESDAY – TODAY!
- Housing and Community Development Fellow Meg Brown completing program evaluation for the Memphis Strong Families Initiative
- United Housing, Inc. Celebrating 20 Years of Homeownership on Nov. 13!
- United Housing, Inc. focuses on sustainable landscaping initiatives
- Livable Memphis committed to sustainability efforts in Memphis, TN
- Memphis Heritage Adapt A Door Auction: Volunteer and Ticket Info
- about Alumni Opportunity Calendar Call for Papers Careers in Urban Affairs and Public Policy Engaged Scholarship Fundraiser Institute for Philanthropy & Nonprofit Leadership Memphis public policy Social Work Strengthening Communities University of Memphis urban affairs urbanism Volunteer Opportunity
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.