Company: Arthritis Foundation – Southeast Region
Date Posted: May 24, 2013
What’s your motivation? Contribution? Opportunity? Passion? It’s all part of working for the Arthritis Foundation –where you can combine professional growth with personal fulfillment. So if you’re considering a rewarding career, consider the Arthritis Foundation.
At the Arthritis Foundation, we’re working to find a cure for the nation’s leading cause of disability. So take your career on a mission – to make a difference for the 50 million people with arthritis. If you’re looking to make a difference, for professional growth and personal fulfillment, then please consider the Arthritis Foundation. We have an excellent opportunity for Director of Development and Services serving the West Tennessee area. The position is based in Memphis, TN.
The Director of Development and Services, in collaboration with staff and volunteers, is responsible for advancing the Arthritis Foundation through the planning, management and implementation of the Arthritis Walk, Bone Bash and Jingle Bell Runs in Memphis and Jackson and individual giving campaigns with total goal of $250,000+. Income is generated through high level corporate sponsorship, individual giving and auctions.
In addition to the fundraising goal, key responsibilities include: identify, recruit, train and manage leadership volunteers to assist in obtaining corporate and community sponsorship; maintain strong relationships with volunteers and volunteer committees; and event execution. Supervise one full-time employee.
The Director is expected to conduct 8-10 face-to-face meetings weekly.
The position requires:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- 5+ years of demonstrated successful fundraising;
- 2+ years of supervisory experience;
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish results through strong, high-level influential volunteer recruitment and management;
- Highly effective organization, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Detail orientation with ability to multi-task;
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a results-driven environment and
- Ability and willingness to travel within local area and to work evenings and week-ends on occasion
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Ensure that the Arthritis Foundation’s event best practices are used;
- Coordinate the tracking of income and expenses consistent with the approved budget;
- Provide timely and accurate fundraising reports to supervisor and volunteer leadership;
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Be familiar with CRM/fundraising software and
- Work cooperatively across organization disciplines
The Arthritis Foundation, Southeast Region, offers a competitive salary and benefits package. The Foundation is committed to enhancing the diversity of its volunteers and staff.
Anyone interested in applying for this position should send resume and cover letter, which includes salary history, by June 17, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Director-Memphis” as the subject.