The University of Memphis Green Fee Committee is seeking proposals and ideas from students, faculty, staff, and academic or administrative departments. The Green Fee generates approximately $360,000 per year from students to be used to make the University of Memphis campus more sustainable. The committee is accepting proposals for 2012-2013.
There are two ways to participate in this process:
Proposals: In a proposal, you are actually seeking funding from the Green Fee. The person(s) and/or department submitting a proposal must be capable of managing the funds in a university account and actually carrying out what is needed to fulfill an accepted proposal. The Green Fee Committee will review proposals and make recommendations to the president of the university on allocation of the Green Fee funds. For more information and to make a proposal, go to https://saweb.memphis.edu/sforms/greenfee.
Ideas: An idea is simply that, your thoughts on how the Green Fee could be spent. You do not need to be able to actually carry out a project envisioned in an idea. It may be a suggestion about how the university could spend Green Fee funds to make the campus more sustainable. The Green Fee Committee will review ideas and consider them in making recommendations to university departments on future use of the fee. Last year, many of the ideas that were submitted were included in funded projects. To send an idea to the Green Fee Committee, go to https://saweb.memphis.edu/sforms/greenfee.
To receive consideration, all proposals and ideas should be submitted by 4:00 pm on Monday, February 20, 2012. If you have questions, feel free to contact Julia Rhodes at email@example.com or 678-2188.
To see a list of projects funded by the Green Fee in the current fiscal year go to
- African American Cultural Heritage Cemeteries
- Support Community Development Organizations in Memphis on GIVING TUESDAY – TODAY!
- Housing and Community Development Fellow Meg Brown completing program evaluation for the Memphis Strong Families Initiative
- United Housing, Inc. Celebrating 20 Years of Homeownership on Nov. 13!
- United Housing, Inc. focuses on sustainable landscaping initiatives
- Livable Memphis committed to sustainability efforts in Memphis, TN
- Memphis Heritage Adapt A Door Auction: Volunteer and Ticket Info
- about Alumni Opportunity Calendar Call for Papers Careers in Urban Affairs and Public Policy Engaged Scholarship Fundraiser Institute for Philanthropy & Nonprofit Leadership Memphis public policy Social Work Strengthening Communities University of Memphis urban affairs urbanism Volunteer Opportunity
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.