About the National Report
Guided by an intensive multi-month dialogue with advisors from all parts of higher education and civil society, the national report, A Crucible Moment: College Learning and Democracy’s Future, calls for investing on a massive scale in higher education’s capacity to help renew this nation’s social, intellectual, and civic capital.
The report calls on higher education and its stakeholders-including faculty, students, student affairs professionals, and senior administrators; civic and community partners; federal, state, and local government leaders; and heads of higher education associations and disciplinary societies among others—to integrate a 21st century conception of civic learning and democratic engagement as an expected part of every student’s college education.
The Report’s Release
Learn more about the report here.
- African American Cultural Heritage Cemeteries
- Support Community Development Organizations in Memphis on GIVING TUESDAY – TODAY!
- Housing and Community Development Fellow Meg Brown completing program evaluation for the Memphis Strong Families Initiative
- United Housing, Inc. Celebrating 20 Years of Homeownership on Nov. 13!
- United Housing, Inc. focuses on sustainable landscaping initiatives
- Livable Memphis committed to sustainability efforts in Memphis, TN
- Memphis Heritage Adapt A Door Auction: Volunteer and Ticket Info
- about Alumni Opportunity Calendar Call for Papers Careers in Urban Affairs and Public Policy Engaged Scholarship Fundraiser Institute for Philanthropy & Nonprofit Leadership Memphis public policy Social Work Strengthening Communities University of Memphis urban affairs urbanism Volunteer Opportunity
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.