News and Membership Drive
Thanks to all of our members who have already renewed!
University of Memphis Professor
Preservation AwardFor Championing Historic Neighborhood
On November 18, 2011 The third Victorian Village Preservation Award was given to Professor Randle Witherington for his ongoing efforts to share the history of 19th century Memphis with his students and the community. Witherington has put a specific emphasis on heritage tourism and the historic Goyer-Lee House…read more
Hyde Family Foundation Grant
The Hyde Family Foundations have awarded a grant in the amount of $10,000 to Victorian Village Inc. CDC. This funding goes towards administration costs of ongoing projects which include the Morris Park redesign, the Lee House redevelopment, new design guidelines for the historic district, and updating the long-range strategic plan. This grant will serve as a partial match to The Urban Child Institute’s three-year challenge grant. One of the goals of the Hyde Family Foundations is to build vibrant urban communities around stable neighborhood anchors and we are grateful to be a part of that initiative.
Join, Renew, or Give a Gift Membership
It’s time to renew your membership.
Click HERE to renew or give the gift of a membership to
friends or family members so they can become a Friend of Victorian Village.
THANK YOU TO OUR FUNDING SPONSORS
The Urban Child Institute
Le Bonheur Children’sStrengthening Communities Grant Program
and their funders The University of Memphis The Community Foundation of Greater Memphis The United Way of
the Mid-South The Assisi Foundation
of Greater Memphis The Hyde Family Foundations Memphis Convention
and Visitors Bureau Downtown Memphis Commission The H.W. Durham Foundation City of Memphis, Division of Housing and Community Development
National Society Daughters of the American Revolution
Counterpart Communications & Design Arts Memphis
671 Jefferson Ave
Memphis, Tennessee 38105
JOIN TODAY AND HELP
Open the Mallory-Neely House Museum
Restore the Lee House
for adaptive reuse
Redesign Morris Park
Coordinate safety and
crime fighting activities
Improve street lighting
Advocate for the Neighborhood
Promote Heritage Tourism
Guide residential and business development
Open the Magevney
Present our treasures to the Mid-South and the World
We are a community development corporation that exists to create a vibrant and diverse urban neighborhood that treasures our architectural heritage and builds a community that is safe, clean and prosperous. VVI is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
- African American Cultural Heritage Cemeteries
- Support Community Development Organizations in Memphis on GIVING TUESDAY – TODAY!
- Housing and Community Development Fellow Meg Brown completing program evaluation for the Memphis Strong Families Initiative
- United Housing, Inc. Celebrating 20 Years of Homeownership on Nov. 13!
- United Housing, Inc. focuses on sustainable landscaping initiatives
- Livable Memphis committed to sustainability efforts in Memphis, TN
- Memphis Heritage Adapt A Door Auction: Volunteer and Ticket Info
- about Alumni Opportunity Calendar Call for Papers Careers in Urban Affairs and Public Policy Engaged Scholarship Fundraiser Institute for Philanthropy & Nonprofit Leadership Memphis public policy Social Work Strengthening Communities University of Memphis urban affairs urbanism Volunteer Opportunity
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.