2011 Theme: GIS: What’s the Risk?
November 17-18, 2011 · Great Hall of Germantown,
1900 S Germantown Rd. Germantown, TN 38138
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Memphis Area Geographic Information Council seeks abstract submissions for its annual conference in 2011, GIS: What’s the Risk? At this year’s MAGIC Conference, we will gain perspective on risk using GIS and we invite you to participate by speaking or exhibiting at the event. Our call for presentations is now open.
MAGIC’s Annual GIS Day Conference has become a signature event in the GIS community. It is a day and a half event with attendees from county governments, city governments, institutions of higher education, city schools, regional municipalities, and the private sector throughout the Mid-South Region coming together to learn about leading-edge GIS technology and initiatives. The conference encompasses workshops, plenary sessions featuring a unique combination of a high profile keynote, lightning talks, panel discussions, demos, exhibit hall, and map competition.
The deadline for submission of the 200-250 word abstracts for 30-minute presentations, along with a short bio, is October 15, 2011. Please e-mail submissions to email@example.com. Submissions are welcome in the following topics; however, the suggested topics are by no means exclusive to the conference theme and could be other GIS applications addressed on local, regional, national, or global levels.
-Risk of implementing GIS;
-Risk of NOT implementing GIS;
-Evaluating risk with GIS;
-Risky data exposure;
-Using GIS to mitigate risk(s)
Please pass along this message to others in your network and let them know about the conference and ask them to join us on Face book and learn more about our membership opportunities.
Conference Agenda Coordinator
Associate Professor, Earth Sciences
University of Memphis
- African American Cultural Heritage Cemeteries
- Support Community Development Organizations in Memphis on GIVING TUESDAY – TODAY!
- Housing and Community Development Fellow Meg Brown completing program evaluation for the Memphis Strong Families Initiative
- United Housing, Inc. Celebrating 20 Years of Homeownership on Nov. 13!
- United Housing, Inc. focuses on sustainable landscaping initiatives
- Livable Memphis committed to sustainability efforts in Memphis, TN
- Memphis Heritage Adapt A Door Auction: Volunteer and Ticket Info
- about Alumni Opportunity Calendar Call for Papers Careers in Urban Affairs and Public Policy Engaged Scholarship Fundraiser Institute for Philanthropy & Nonprofit Leadership Memphis public policy Social Work Strengthening Communities University of Memphis urban affairs urbanism Volunteer Opportunity
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.